Author

Fit2Fly

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 01:55:12 pm

Did anyone read the article on Indystar.com about transforming the new airport into an "aerotropolis?" Besides the expansion of hotel and retail centers, what else could we expect from this? Speculate away.

chevyman2482

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 03:45:52 pm

I believe I heard a while back that the possibility of adding light rail from the airpot to downtown. I don't know how valid that possibility is, but it would make it easier for alot of travelers that are staying in the downtown area

ChevyMan

Indy

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 06:54:07 pm

Indy
Site Admin

That "aerotropolis" idea is total nonsense in my opinion. Nothing more than an attempt by a consultant to drum up some business for himself. The airport authority needs to focus on getting the new hotel built and the IND sign constructed. Unfortunately IND will always be limited because of the design of the new terminal. They really painted themselves into a corner with the design of civic plaza. They are pinned in between the garage, runways and concourses. Unfortunately what I believe was a complete lack of vision by the designers has left the civic plaza to be the best it will ever be. It won't ever be any bigger. If you think things can get a bit congested there now just wait 10 years. Or 20 years.

Forget this city concept. It isn't going to work here. Save the money you'd give to the consultant to feed you a bunch of nonsense and get the IND sign installed.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

chevyman2482

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 07:43:22 pm

Ahh crap i forgot all about the sign....lol....well maybe they'll realize how much its messed up or i should say get messed up and maybe they can come up with a solution

ChevyMan

Forum Index  >  General Discussion  >  News article

Pages(s):  1