Author

Indy

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 07:40:37 pm

Indy
Site Admin

I just got back from RDU and when it comes to spotting they are light years ahead of IND.

Check out their observation park.

http://www.rdu.com/whileatairport/obpark.htm

Here is the photo of the place that I found online.

http://stuckattheairport.com/w...-Park-courtesy-RDU-Airport.JPG

Why in the world don't we have something like this?

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

FedEx

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 01:38:52 pm

Why Did RDU Get This before IND and will we ever get this to Indy?

Fit2Fly

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 02:39:18 pm

Indy ,

That's one thing I do miss about the old terminal. I used to enjoy going to the observation deck that was located right in between the B and C concourses. I remember they even had a live ATC broadcast of Indy Tower playing overhead.

Pre 9/11, I would go to the observation parking lots located on the north and south ends of the field. The best one was probably the south obsevation lot parallel to 23L/5R.

Indy

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 07:11:26 pm

Indy
Site Admin

I remember they closed the lot at 23L/5R right after 9/11 which was just silly. Closing the observation deck was absolutely unnecessary as well. The whole "security" nonsense was just that... nonsense. The observation deck was NEVER a security risk. They could build an observation tower off of the cell phone lot. So parking is already taken care of. Its a bit far away but probably the easiest place to add it short of adding small observation towers on the corners of the parking garage. Though that might be a good place because then the airport could generate revenue by charging for parking.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Forum Index  >  General Discussion  >  RDU Observation Tower - IND Needs This

Pages(s):  1