Author

FedEx

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:04:30 pm

I heard on channel 13 the other day that a new gas station is being built set completion is for next spring, I also seen their possibly building a new hotel next to the parking garage.

FedEx

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 09:02:50 pm

Have guys heard anything about this?

Indy

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 09:34:48 pm

Indy
Site Admin

From what I had seen in a news report not long ago it seems IND is blowing off the hotel idea for now. Can't say the whole hotel thing was very well managed either. I'm just waiting for a bad decision to be made that eliminates the land from use that the hotel would have gone on. The space at the terminal needs to be reserved and that hotel needs to be built. No matter where it ends up going the location won't be ideal. It should have been right at the terminal but because of the design it can be no closer than the other side of the garage which is really too short for a shuttle and too long for a walk. Next best location requires a shuttle which is sad because that shouldn't have been necessary in a proper design. For a brand new terminal with all new roads and parking the design should have allowed for a hotel right there at the terminal. Even if it doesn't get built right away you can never go back and add the space but you can always built the hotel later.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Forum Index  >  General Discussion  >  New airport improvments

Pages(s):  1