Author

stlgph

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 01:12:29 pm

Just curious, what kind of service, if any, do you get on some of the short hops from IND? I am not expecting a lobster tail or anything, but sure as hell won't complain if I get one.

For example, I remember flying TWA between STL and IND on 757's and M80's and the cabin would get full beverage service and from IND to PIT on US Airways the cabin would get full beverage service. of course, this is before the shit hit the fan, so I was curious what is going on up there now a days.

In particular, a flight from IND to Cincinnati, doubt you're going to see anything other than the in flight safety announcement. I also have flown Delta five times this year and there was only beverage service on one ASE flight from Cleveland to Cincinnati. But what about flights from IND to Chicago Midway or O'Hare? At 177 miles, that's pushing it and I would be surprised if you would get in flight service unless, perhaps you're on an RJ?

What about IND to Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh (nowadays) or even perhaps Memphis?

Anyone?

Indy

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 04:48:44 pm

Indy
Site Admin

I've never flown to CVG but when I flew to MDW and DTW there was regular beverage service.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Boofer

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:26:42 am

Boofer
Site Admin

IND-CVG: this flight is actually only about 20 minutes in duration after you start to level off. Definitely no service of any kind on the CRJ. Nothing on the 757 early-morning flight either.

IND-ORD on UA (Express operated by Chautauqua) - only about 40 minutes in the air and no beverage service. It's on the EMB-170, though, which is a really nice bird.

IND-MDW - on WN, you get the beverage; they do the best they can on the 737. I don't know about TZ, though.

IND-DTW - NW still seems to offer at least a drink on these short hops. As these are usually on DC9's, they have galley space and crew staffing (3 FA's) to allow it to be done quickly. And if you're up in first class, you get a drink before takeoff and one during, plus some fancy nuts. Of course, back in coach, it's just a Coke or whatever - and don't expect any Spinzels.

IND-MEM - ditto the above for NW. It's actually about an hourlong flight, so you actually have some time to sip the beverages. Still no Spinzels, of course.

IND-CLE - I think this is an all-ERJ route on CO. I usually get served a beverage, but only if the plane isn't totally full. When the plane is packed tight, they usually cancel the beverage service citing a lack of time to get it done.

I haven't been on IND-PIT in a long time. I used to fly PIT-CMI (Champaign) a lot, though, back when it was on the Brasilia prop plane. It was about 2.5 hours long on the prop plane, and they would give you 2 beverage services, plus pass around a basket of really nice snacks, like cheese crackers, Goldfish, and those Biscoff carmelized cookies. One time, I took a voluntary bump between PIT and CMI and went PIT-IND and then IND-CMI. The IND-CMI flight was about as long as it takes to drive to the grocery store, but Chautauqua still gave a beverage and snack. That was a long time ago, though...

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

stlgph

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 05:28:58 am

the biscoff. oooh. i like those things. god how i miss TWA. you used to get those ALL the time. i am not even sure what airlines even have them anymore. i wanna say i got some on ATA from IND to LGA, but am not quite sure. perhaps Northwest has them? who knows.

i remember US Air serving Champaign. good service.

Boofer

Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:30:32 am

Boofer
Site Admin

I think NW, CO, DL, TZ, and UA (at least Air Whisky) serve the Biscoff. But not all the time. It's such a treat to get them, I usually ask for some extras.

I used to love that CMI-IND and CMI-PIT service on the US Air/Chautauqua prop. I lived in Decatur for a while (ugh) and the only service was DEC-STL on TWA (still is the only service, on AA now of course, although UA started DEC-ORD service for about 9 months between then and now). The TWA service ex-DEC wasn't expensive, and the airport in DEC was convenient and had free parking. But TWA didn't take me to many of the smaller cities on the east coast that I flew to most often. So I'd drive to CMI and take that US flight.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Paintrain

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 09:48:47 am

i flew ATL-LEX and we just got water on are crj

Forum Index  >  Airlines in General  >  Short Hops/Services

Pages(s):  1