Author

stlgph

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 03:20:37 am

AA is bringing back the St. Louis to New Orleans nonstop service on the M80. However, with the loss of the nonstop flight to New Orleans previously flown by Southwest, I'd think that bumping the M80 departure time back or the moving the morning IND to STL erj flight somewhat earlier, that'd provide a great connection and there'd be good traffic along the route, rather than being stuck taking what you can get on Northwest via Memphis, or connecting out of the way in ORD, DFW, ATL, or DTW.

Boofer

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 09:58:33 am

Boofer
Site Admin

Actually, I travel to MSY from IND several times per year. Even when the WN flight was running, I didn't take it. Mostly because I hate WN. But also because the flight times weren't all that convenient for me. CO has a ton of capacity IAH-MSY, and the connection at IAH is pretty fast and easy. With all the IAH-MSY capacity, if either leg is delayed, I can reschedule very easlily. So I usually fly to MSY via IAH, rather than through MEM, ATL, or DTW.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

stlgph

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 04:23:50 am

Continental via Houston would be a viable option. But what is Continental flying between Indy and Houston these days? Is it mostly ERJ's still or do you see a 737 every once in a blue moon?

Boofer

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 09:18:29 am

Boofer
Site Admin

Four IND-IAH flights per day. First and last on 737, middle two on ERJs. There are 10 IAH-MSY flights per day. The earliest one is an ERJ, but it's too early to connect to it. The flights that you connect to are all on 737-300, -500, -700, -900, or the midday flight on 757-200. And they're cheap. I usually get fares around $250 for 7 days advanced purchase. It's still only about $450 for last-minute fares. Not too bad.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

stlgph

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 05:43:03 pm

i'm surprised Continental hasn't upgraded more to 737's from the ERJ's, or increased some frequencies. i understand they do a pretty solid business in Indianapolis...as do most carriers. of course, this probably belongs in a whole other thread.

Forum Index  >  American Airlines  >  I see another AA missed opportunity

Pages(s):  1