Author

Indy

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 07:07:38 pm

Indy
Site Admin

I've been keeping an eye on the BDL-AMS route as I think this may be a key to whether we ever get the AMS service here. Honestly it doesn't look very good. This is the busy travel season and their loads have not been good. They were good the first few days the route existed but have been relatively poor ever since. When your loads are between 60% and 70% on a limited seating 757 during the busy season you can't expect much during the slow season. Spot checks had shown loads at times approaching 50%. Just not good.

I do think however that BDL was a poor choice for NW. Why would you start a route in a market like that where you offered such limited service? If memory serves me correct the only routes offered from BDL were DTW, MSP and IND. They didn't even fly MEM.

But if this route fails I would think they would be less likely to try another mid size market again. It was a bad choice in my opinion as a place to start out at but I think this will ultimately hurt us here.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Paintrain

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:15:24 pm

i think it could work if they can get people to realize how fast it would be going through IND i wish we could get more flights west of IND though

Forum Index  >  Northwest/KLM  >  NW Poor Loads on BDL-AMS

Pages(s):  1