Author

Boofer

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 03:27:20 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

I vaguely recall hearing or reading something about this...but then maybe that's my memory playing tricks on me. But I'm going to New Orleans this week and wanted to fly the WN nonstop because I'm not planning to stay the night. But I checked - and WN has dropped IND-MSY from their route map. They also don't appear to be flying to MSY at all yet - strange, since all the other airlines have resumed service to New Orleans post-Katrina. Anyone know more about WN dropping IND-MSY service?

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Indy

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:48:14 am

Indy
Site Admin

I think it was a Katrina casualty and it just never came back.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

stlgph

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 03:13:55 pm

yes, service was re-assigned to Houston. then the service to Houston was dropped. perhaps because all the advance bookings had been fulfilled and they dropped the route for......????!!!!!!!!

Boofer

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 06:04:06 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

That's too bad, really. Although I generally only fly WN as a last resort or when it's the only nonstop available. But having WN on that route, whether I fly them there or not, brings fares down and improves service on the other airlines that fly IND-MSY with a connection.

By the way, did we always have IND-BWI service? I thought I recalled that not being n/s. The WN route map shows it as a nonstop now.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Indy

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 08:24:56 pm

Indy
Site Admin

BWI has been around for a while that I know of. I flew IND-BWI years ago.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Forum Index  >  Southwest Airlines  >  When did they drop the MSY nonstop?

Pages(s):  1