Author

stlgph

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 04:58:15 am

I know this isn't IND related, but I flew Allegiant Air, and put a full review of the whole airline as a whole on the sister site.

http://www.airlinetalk.net/forum/194/544/pg1

I flew from Peoria, which is a cute handy dandy little regional airport. It's a small airport with that "I can handle real big planes if I want to feel." First time out of there, ever.

Peoria is the typical smaller airport with the small but massive but cute parking lot out in front with its one shuttle bus taking you up to the terminal. I pulled in and the shuttle bus came up behind me and picked me up and took me up there by myself. The driver was so nice and friendly and told me all about Allegiant and how long they've been in Peoria and told me about the terminal and what not. Just a great guy. Parking is free.

Peoria has a cute little check in area (notice use of the word 'cute) with its 1970's tile floor. The airport is served by Delta Connection to Atlanta, United Express to Chicago, American Eagle to Dallas and Chicago, Allegiant to Las Vegas, and Northwest Airlink (only props) to Minneapolis.

There's not a whole lot to the airport other than the check in area and a little bar/cafe/gift shop, which was actually quite large and nice off to one side. Escalators take you downstairs to baggage claim. Security has two check points and is opened something like 45 minutes to boarding for the planes. Once past security you can make a left or a right turn. There are a total of 8 gate areas...five jetbridges in all. There's nothing past security except the restrooms and the gate areas, so if you need to leave security to get something to eat or drink, you have to pass through it again.

In the typical fashion of smaller airports, you are forced to walk up the ramp to get on the jetway.

I'd definitely fly in and out of Peoria again in the future.

Forum Index  >  Trip Reports  >  Allegiant Air --

Pages(s):  1