Author

Boofer

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 08:40:17 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

It's too bad that EWR is so convenient for me. And that it's actually a decent airport terminal. Because it's so f#$*ing expensive to fly here nonstop. CO is the only option for nonstop, and they make you pay for it.

This was one of many many times I've flown here. Nothing new, nothing particularly bad. I'm delayed leaving on the last flight back, but otherwise no complaints. CO is a great airline, but if someone doesn't put some nonstop competition on this route, I'm going to have to go to PHL instead.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Paintrain

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 09:49:52 pm

i cant see an airline that would challenge co

Boofer

Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:36:49 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

You're right. It wouldn't be NW ex-IND, since they're longtime partners. And it wouldn't be DL, since they hub @ JFK and are Skyteam members as well. UA and AA won't do it, since they want us to fly via their hubs only. Perhaps US would, if they wanted to establish a couple more point-to-point routes. But I've got to think that some airline will see the nonstop fares on this route and come in here to get a piece of that action. Perhaps Midwest? It would be a great route for JetBlue, too, and frankly I'd rather fly to EWR than JFK. If WN ever got serious about the New York market, EWR would be the best of the three airports to serve, IMHO.

Having said all that - my flight home last night sucked even more. We were delayed leaving the gate by about 35 mins, then we sat on the taxiway for about an hour and 15 mins, just waiting in line to take off. We'd waiting for about 25 mins, then the pilot came on the PA and said we were number 25 or so for takeoff. Normally, that's about 25 minutes to wait. But last night, they had everything spaced out a little further, so it took about 50 more minutes to get off the ground. Needless to say, I'm really tired today.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Forum Index  >  Trip Reports  >  IND-EWR-IND

Pages(s):  1