Author

Indy

Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 06:59:04 pm

Indy
Site Admin

I finally get to post a schedule trip. I'm flying IND-LGA-IND on NW. The trip dates are Feb 9th - 11th. Both flights will be on the DC9-30 and I'll have seat 19A on both flights. This will be my first ever trip to NY. I've been through NY on my way to Europe but that is it. I am heading to Manhattan to meet the hosts of the tv show It Takes A Thief. It should be a fun weekend. I'll have well over a hundred pics when I return.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

wanderer

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 09:01:04 pm

You'll get some great pics of LGA!

I am flying those dates too...but to LAS!

Indy

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 02:52:22 am

Indy
Site Admin

My cab will be here in 3-1/2 hours. Yay. I need to take a nap at least before I go.

Indy

Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:55:35 am

Indy
Site Admin

The first leg of my trip is over and I will be returning home tonight. The flight to LGA was interesting. First off the gate I departed from out of IND (A5) was shared by my flight (DC9-30) and a 757-300. What a beautiful jet. It was entertaining watching them try and move the jetway over because it kept sticking. The load was terrible on the flight. I don't know if there were more than 30 people on the flight. Of the 10 exit row seats where were only 2 people sitting in them. I got 12-B. I also get 12-B on the return flight. I suspect the loads are very poor on the return flight as well. It was a very smooth flight until the approach to LGA. The plane was tossed about quite a bit from the strong winds. I am sure I was a lovely shade of green by the time we landed. LGA seems like an ok airport. I had no problem getting to baggage claim which btw looks like a bus depot. Ground transportation is very available. I took a shuttle van to Manhattan and checked in to my hotel which is EastGate Tower. I highly recommend it by the way. The rooms are very reasonable and the service is excellence. They upgraded me from a jr suite to a full suite A room this size is overkill for one person but I am not complaining. Smile

While here I made sure to sample NY pizza. I love the crust here. Nice and crispy. The pizza and ample mom & pop shops will be the thing I miss about the city. There are a lot of friendly New Yorkers. I got to see it all. I saw a pedestrian yelling at a car for almost running them over. I saw a homeless person fall over their cart. I saw a couple of gay guys slapping each other in the middle of a busy street. Only in NY.

I spent some time hanging out with some of my friends here and made some really interesting new contacts. The future business relations should prove to be VERY interesting.

Well I must get ready to check out of my room. I have just over 6 hours to kill before heading back to LGA. Hopefully the return flight is uneventful. I am glad I am returning tonight because with the snow storm moving in tomorrow I suspect the monday night flight will be canceled.

ATAIndy

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 09:13:54 am

ATAIndy

Sounds like fun, I'm going to NYC in May-June.

Why do my favorite airlines end up going defunct??

http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=16657
http://myaviation.net/search/search.php?uid=8779
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ataindy/

Indy

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 03:53:53 am

Indy
Site Admin

Well I wish I had a great deal of info on my return trip but I don't. I got to LGA plenty early. Early enough to know that there wasn't a friendly person working the NW station. They insisted I had to use the self service booth and that there were no full service stations. The people at TSA were equally as unfriendly. Lets add insult to injury by getting to the gate area and baking in the heat. It was so dang warm and uncomfortable. The place was filthy as well. I've seen cleaner bus stations. There was trash laying all over the place.

But anyway I got my seat 12-B again in the DC9-30. It seems we left on time. I don't know. I fell asleep before the plane even took off. I have no idea if the flight was smooth or not because I didn't wake up until maybe 10 minutes before landing. Of course we landed in Plainfield and had to taxi back to IND. We arrived at gate A5 but had to wait 10 minutes for someone to come over and bring the plane up to the gate.

I do like how they are working the A5A and A5B setup by simply moving the gate from plane to plane instead of making people use the tarmac. We were parked next to the 753 again.

Boofer

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:40:13 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

You'll get that kind of rude attitude at all the NY area airports. Welcome to the Big Apple, I guess...

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Forum Index  >  Trip Reports  >  IND-LGA-IND

Pages(s):  1