Author

Indy

Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 04:52:15 pm

Indy
Site Admin

When I first moved back to Indiana in 1995 I would visit Pasquale's Pizza in Greenwood on occasion with family. Since I now live less than a mile from the place I thought I'd give it a try. The first red flag should have been the nearly empty parking lot on a Friday evening. When other places were busy this place had nothing going on. But I thought I'd give it a try anyway.

Upon entering the establishment you feel the urge to turn around and walk back out. The interior is seriously dated. It appears as if they have the same cheap tables and seats that they had some 15 or 20 years ago. Doesn't appear a dime was ever spent to modernize the dining area. A really strange thing to note is that the floor in the dining area was cleaner than the ceiling. That really isn't much to get excited about. Why? The ceiling was disgusting including a few spots that looked like mold. Certainly water damage but possibly mold. The floor was relatively clean but what do you expect when you have such little traffic.

Other than the disgusting ceiling and the dated interior another obvious problem was a lack of friendly and personable staff. You honestly felt as if they could care less that you were there. And the lack of caring for the customer showed itself in the menu which was boring and uninspired. But how as the food? I mean after all that is what is most important right?

If I owned that restaurant I would be embarrassed by what was served. The pizza was absolutely disgusting. The cheap generic stuff you get from your local grocery store freezer is better. The pizza was so greasy that it was dripping on my plate. I went through quite a few napkins just for a few slices of pizza. But it didn't end there. The "garlic bread" was horrible. I call it garlic bread but you really couldn't tell. I took a bite and it tasted more like pretzels than garlic bread. You know those soft pretzels? Well this bread had a bit of that taste. The quality of the bread and the taste made it very clear that the owners of that restaurant just don't care.

What is my overall impression of Pasquale's Pizza in Greenwood? It was by far my worst dining experience in a pizza place. It may have been my overall worst experience ever in a professional dining establishment. I guess I should be happy that I at least didn't get food poisoning.

Pasquale's Pizza
1221 N Madison Ave
Greenwood, IN 46142

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Forum Index  >  Indy Area Dining  >  Pasquale's Pizza - Greenwood - Avoid!

Pages(s):  1