Author

Skippie

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 09:46:51 pm

With the new midfield terminal using hydrant fueling will FedEx begin using their system as well? Does anyone know why they do not use it now?

"Just because you didn't make your payments doesn't make me a bad person"
!Carpe Roti!
"You can run,and you can hide, but eventually we'll get your ride."

Indy

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 09:49:20 pm

Indy
Site Admin

Are you sure FX doesn't use hydrant fueling?

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Skippie

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:00:34 pm

I'm sure they don't. Gates 1-25 are not set up for it. They use fuel trucks that they fill south of the 80 gates. I was thinking that it was because the company the fuels them did not have that type of equipment. But if they were going to be using them at the new terminal they would then have the trucks to do it. I'm not even sure if the fuelers at the terminal are the same as FedEx, or if FedEx has its own contract for fueling.

!Carpe Roti!

Indy

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:03:30 pm

Indy
Site Admin

There is one person I know I can ask but I haven't seen him online today. He used to work for FX and would have an idea if that area was even equipped with hydrants. IF there are no hydrants then that solves the debate Smile

Skippie

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 01:13:16 am

Gates 1-25 do not have hydrants, that were the 72's park along with the feeders, Except gate 4 is widebody gate. Gates 30 on up have in ground fuel hydrants, the only ones i'm not sure have it or not are 37, 39, and 41, which 37 is now a 72 gate and 39 and 41 are for A310's only. The 80 gates, which are on the south side of the sort facility, i am 90% sure they have the hydrants. What would solve it is if we knew they put the hydrants in the new ramp space. Which if your friend no longer works there, he would not know either.

!Carpe Roti!

Indyaviationboy

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 05:57:16 pm

Surprised You know a lot, FDX prophet. Smile I know they use fuel trucks as of now. A friends of mine works as a loader and unloader for FDX and he said they had there own fuel farm. If you look at the facility with google maps or live, or birds eye vies in live, you will see the fuel farm of the Service Road, that runs along the east side of the airport, near 32

Remote Image

Indy

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 06:04:24 pm

Indy
Site Admin

It just seems that fueling by truck versus hydrant would be very inefficient. But as long as they aren't late getting planes fueled I guess it really doesn't matter.

Indyaviationboy

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 06:09:54 pm

yea

Remote Image

Skippie

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 09:58:34 pm

I was an offload team lead, and my wife is still employed by FedEx as a customs broker. She has a title that escapes me, but that is what she does. Thats how i know what i know.

!Carpe Roti!

Forum Index  >  Fedex In General  >  Hydrant Fueling

Pages(s):  1