Author

Indyaviationboy

Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 09:16:15 pm

I know you have all been waiting for this.. Here it is official gate assignments/ with maps! For the new terminal.

http://newindianapolisairport.com/schematics.shtm

Remote Image

Indy

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 05:54:13 am

Indy
Site Admin

Thanks for posting that. With the exception of the few Continental gates at the end of the A concourse the entire concourse looks to be NW/DL.

Why are some gates in both concourses faded?

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Boofer

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 08:41:40 am

Boofer
Site Admin

If you look closely, the little squares that represent the actual gates are shaded in the color of the airline they're assigned to or shaded gray if they're unassigned. The grayed-out yellow boxes point to gates that are unshaded. So I'm wondering if those are gates that are "future gates?" I count 38 total gates (fully shaded, assigned or unassigned) in service and 8 more (gray-shaded) "future gates."

Also very interesting - UA has only 2 gates, B22 and B24, and a very small gate area at the end of the terminal. WN has 2 gates but a much bigger area around them, at the terminal end of B concourse.

And both AC and YX have no assigned gates at all. I presume that YX will be using NW gates and AC using UA gates?

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Indy

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 05:04:34 pm

Indy
Site Admin

Yeah I also count 38 total gates. I wonder what gives with that? But I guess if nobody was leasing them and they didn't see a need for them there would be really no sense in spending the money on two gates that will sit and collect dust. But I suspect something else is up. Maybe there are two gates going up and they may be attached to any one of the fade gate sign areas. Maybe they are being attached based on current need?

Boofer

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 07:41:43 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

Notice also that the numbering starts with gate 3 in both terminals. Perhaps the two missing gates of the 40 we've been told they'd have are intended to be walkout gates without jet bridges and would have been #1 and #2 in one of the concourses? Or are gates 1 and 2 perhaps off the main building and not off the A and B concourses?

Boofer

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 07:50:42 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

OK, the stats page on newindairport.com says 38 domestic gates and 2 international gates. Is it possible they're counting the international gates twice? My understanding is that they can be used as domestic gates or international gates interchangeably, so in effect each one is like 2 gates. That's how they are at RIC for example.

Indy

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:56:05 pm

Indy
Site Admin

It is supposed to be 40 total gates. 38 + 2. They've never put details about the jet bridge contracts on the website. The link has been conveniently left off at all times. So maybe they went with 38 gates and that has been the plan all along but it hasn't been talked about to keep people from objecting to a new terminal being built. I mean why spend a billion dollars to add 4 more gates? Just a guess.

Then again the map could be wrong.

Boofer

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 09:32:23 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

I don't think the map is wrong. It doesn't look like there is room for the other two gates, unless they're up on the terminal end. I suspect they realized at some point that they didn't need all 40 gates for several years and put extra retail in instead - at least they can make $$ of the space instead of building 2 useless gates right now.

Fit2Fly

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:13:59 am

Indy wrote:

Thanks for posting that. With the exception of the few Continental gates at the end of the A concourse the entire concourse looks to be NW/DL.

Why are some gates in both concourses faded?

Notice how they placed the international gates in the same concourse with NW. Sign of things to come? Maybe.

Indyaviationboy

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:32:31 pm

Smile

Remote Image

hooji

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:28:03 am

A friend gave me the DVD from the Worker Appreciation Event on 9/6. I counted 40 jet bridges, but of course they may not all be used right away. I think the DVD was produced around the beginning of August because Kish mentioned the opening in "100 days." It was also stated that each concourse could be expanded by 24 gates, obviously not likely in the near future. As reported in USA Today, based on preliminary airline schedule data from OAG as of 9/8, total seats At IND will be down 2.7% in November vs. year earlier.

Indy

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:44:58 pm

Indy
Site Admin

hooji wrote:

A friend gave me the DVD from the Worker Appreciation Event on 9/6. I counted 40 jet bridges, but of course they may not all be used right away. I think the DVD was produced around the beginning of August because Kish mentioned the opening in "100 days." It was also stated that each concourse could be expanded by 24 gates, obviously not likely in the near future. As reported in USA Today, based on preliminary airline schedule data from OAG as of 9/8, total seats At IND will be down 2.7% in November vs. year earlier.

Greetings and welcome to the site. Thanks for the information. Each concourse can be expanded by 24 gates? Weird. Originally the plan was that each concourse could be expanded by 20 gates. Unless more gates can be added if the jets they are serving are the smaller regional jets.

hooji

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 02:05:13 pm

I also found that interesting since it is a change from the originally announced plan. It stated the 24 gates would be at the end (singular) of each concourse. Certainly they are talking about the eastern end which really calls into question why they numbered the gates 3 through 25 (for a total of 23!) in each concourse. Btw, my count of the 40 jet bridges was from aerial videography (several angles) on the DVD.

Skippie

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 03:13:43 pm

Now that you mention it... They do have the Hydrant fuel system lines extending out past both "ends" of the concourse... So there may be plans to go that way as well for a couple of gates.

"Just because you didn't make your payments doesn't make me a bad person"
!Carpe Roti!
"You can run,and you can hide, but eventually we'll get your ride."

Indyaviationboy

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 08:24:51 pm

Speaking of which, ben told me they wouldn't have it finished till after the terminal opens, so they will be using trucks till the system is completed

Remote Image

Skippie

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 07:12:34 pm

I've seen a few Sky tanking trucks running around the new Fuel tanks off of North Perimeter.

"Just because you didn't make your payments doesn't make me a bad person"
!Carpe Roti!
"You can run,and you can hide, but eventually we'll get your ride."

Indy

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 09:11:06 pm

Indy
Site Admin

Oh the new tanks have gone in? I forgot about them.

Fit2Fly

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:19:29 am

Does anyone know who will be using the international gates? When I looked at the intial gate assignments, I didn't see where any particular airline was assigned to them. Will they just be used for overflow, or could there potentially be a pending news release on who will be using those gates?

Boofer

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 02:06:09 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

We've been discussing what international service might be on the way. See the other posts for those.

But as for the use of the gates, I believe they are common use for any international arrivals. They won't be assigned to a particular airline, per se.

Fit2Fly

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 02:24:40 pm

Gotcha. I imagine they'll probably use them for domestic charters too.

Forum Index  >  The Project  >  IND New terminal Gate assignments

Pages(s):  1