Author

Boofer

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 04:00:02 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

Indy mentioned this on another post, but here are some details from Inside Indiana Business.

I guess we really ARE an international airport after all! Razz

Indy - get that fancy new camera out there and get us some pics!

European cargo carrier begins Indianapolis flights

Indianapolis International Airport has landed its first direct, regularly scheduled international cargo service. Luxembourg-based Cargolux has been operating a weekly flight to the city from Luxembourg for the last two weeks. The Boeing 747 freighter from Luxembourg arrives at Indianapolis on Fridays at 5:05 p.m. and departs for Los Angeles at 6:35 p.m. From there it returns to Luxembourg, according to a press release the European company issued earlier this month. The airport has been trying to attract international cargo business.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Indy

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 04:02:50 pm

Indy
Site Admin

I was on the parking garage for 45 minutes this past Friday waiting for that to come in. I'm already ahead of you on it Very Happy . But it was very windy and cold and I wasn't dressed for it and the plane was very late. I don't think it got in until like 6:30p or 7:00p. Weather permitting I will give it a try again this friday.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Boofer

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 07:31:59 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

Ever use the Airport Arrival Demand Chart on http://www.fly.faa.gov/Products/AADC/aadc.html?

You can select IND and look at the arrivals screen to see if the flight is active. You have to play around with it a little bit to figure out which flight is the carglux one. There might be a better way to see if the flight is delayed - maybe airnav?

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Forum Index  >  General Discussion  >  Cargolux (subtitle: Time For Some Planespotting!)

Pages(s):  1