Author

Indy

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:15:17 am

Indy
Site Admin

In the final hours of the legislative session the long debated bill termed "Major Moves" passes by a very narrow 51-48 vote. The bill will turn over the north Indiana toll road to a foreign firm in the form of a 75 year lease. The lease will bring the State of Indiana an immediate $3.85 billion dollar payment from the firm.

As part of "Major Moves" it will fund the construction of I-69 from Indianapolis to Evansville. This will provide three communities in Indiana direct interstate access to Indianapolis International Airport. The interstate access would be to Martinsville, Bloomington and Evansville.

The last report I heard had construction starting in approximately 2 years.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Boofer

Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:01:57 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

I'm curious if I-69 will result in more usage of IND by people from the communities along that corridor. Because if they want to fly today, when I-69 is not there, they still only have a choice between flying out of IND or flying out of EVV.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Indy

Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:53:33 pm

Indy
Site Admin

I think the same thing will happen to Evansville that happened to Ft. Wayne. I think IND will kill business there. I don't think the loss of business will be total like with Lafayette but I think it will pretty much end growth for at least a while.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Paintrain

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 08:51:43 pm

evansville has louisville nashville and stl within 3 hrs

Forum Index  >  General Discussion  >  "Major Moves" Passes

Pages(s):  1