Author

Boofer

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:36:35 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

Was in the RIC airport for the first time in a long time last week. Seems they're doing an expansion, too. But they're expanding and remodeling the exitsting terminal, which was a giant pain in the ass. There was dust everywhere, and the rental car counters were stuck behind the escalators. Made me soooooo glad IND's building a whole new terminal.

I also have to point out two other things about RIC...

1. There are no rental car agents at ANY of the desks at 5:15 a.m. So I had to ude the after-hours drop box.

2. RIC is Regional Jet Heaven. For their first flights out, had to be 85% of the seats on an RJ. Only mainline flights I saw were a DL to ATL, an AA to DFW, and a US to CLT.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

stlgph

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 09:11:30 pm

When exactly is JetBlue beginning their service there?

Boofer

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:02:36 am

Boofer
Site Admin

Not sure. The signs outside the airport that direct you to each airline already had JetBlue on them. The ticket counter was there, and they have two gates. One gate had the signs up, but the other one had a shrinkwrapped gate agent counter sitting there on a pallet. I'm guessing it's at least a month away.

I was also in New Orleans again (I went IND-CLE-RIC-CLE-MSY-IAH-IND in 30 hours!) and JetBlue still hasn't resumed service there. Continental certainly has - they have 8 or so flights between IAH and MSY with all but one I think on a 737. They also have flights from EWR and CLE again. The CLE-MSY flight I took was on an ERJ, though - ugh. 2.75 hours in seat 2A.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Forum Index  >  General Discussion  >  RIC airport expansion

Pages(s):  1