Author

Indy

Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 09:42:58 am

Indy
Site Admin

This is a summary of my observations at IND this morning in respect to the ticket counters. One section is the middle area ticket counters where AirTran resides. They use about 3/8th of the space in that section. The rest sits empty. The AirTran line was quite long this morning. There is an obvious need for more space. The biggest of the problems falls at the "A" concourse side where NW has their counter space. They have more counter space than any other airline but their line was extremely long this morning. With the line snaking through the roped off area and the people coming up the escalator it was difficult to get through the crowd. The only thing I can think of to help reduce the crowding down at the "A" side is to move Frontier and Southwest to the middle section where AirTran is. That would honestly make more sense since those two airlines operate out of the "C" concourse anyway. AirTran needs one more ticket counter. Southwest and Frontier would do well with the remaining space in the middle. Northwest really needs to pick up the space then vacated by Frontier and Southwest. That should give them the space they need to deal with the morning rush.

From time to time I toy with the idea that it would be a good move to have NW using the entire "C" concourse. They could have that entire middle ticket counter area. However after seeing the traffic today I'm not sure there is enough space in the middle area for them. The "D" side is bad. That side only has 3 security lines which is less than the "A" concourse has.

I still wonder if a big switch at IND is coming. AirTran is supposed to be making some kind of gate change. A big chunk of the middle area ticket counters are empty. Southwest and Frontier are all the way down at the end by the "A" concourse. Southwest never moved after they were shifted to the "C" concourse. Is it possible that Southwest is heading back to "A"? Is Frontier going there as well? Will AirTran be making the move to "A" and NW over to "C"? Time will tell.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Forum Index  >  General Discussion  >  Ticket Counter Issues

Pages(s):  1