Author

Boofer

Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 01:29:35 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

http://www.airportbusiness.com....jsp?siteSection=1&id=6972

This is what happens when the government gets involved in business. Sure, there are examples of government-business ties in this country. But the U.S. Congress doesn't own Boeing. Score: US 1, EU 0.

What a mess. Forget the fact that, while cool as hell, the A380 was never really justified by market economics. At most, experts said there was 20-year demand for 800-1000 of the A380s. This project was pushed as a way to re-establish national/regional pride. Much like the Concorde, which never made a profit, this project was pushed by the governments and egos involved to prove to the world that the EU was relevant in engineering and business. In the end, this will be the death of EADS and Airbus as we know it. They'll be a distant second to Boeing in 5-6 years. Boeing's chief competition will be Bombardier and Embraer. Too bad, really. The A380 is badass. But that doesn't mean it's going to be a success.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Forum Index  >  General Discussion  >  Reason # 4,236 why I'm glad I'm not French (or German)

Pages(s):  1