Author

Indy

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 04:28:01 pm

Indy
Site Admin

I was looking at the different possible routes out of IND and its very clear AirTran needs a 2nd hub and they badly need one in this area of the country. There are a great number of AirTran cities that you cannot fly to from IND and there are some that are just horrible connecting routes. You can fly from IND to LGA via ATL. That is about 1,000 unnecessary flight miles. Having a hub in this area of the country would open up all the AirTran cities to each other and will eliminate huge backtrack routes like the LGA one. Not sure if they would go for the new IND terminal when it opens or a place like CMH. If they want to properly expand their network they need to do something to open up city pairs and cut down on unnecessary flight time.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Jetmatt777

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 01:08:31 am

I would like to see Air tran make hub here in OKC...itll never happen though

Jetmatt777

Indy

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 01:32:11 pm

Indy
Site Admin

Hey you never know. You guys are getting some facility upgrades. There isn't much competition around that area correct?

Boofer

Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:52:36 am

Boofer
Site Admin

I stand by what I've said here before. Airtran and Frontier would make great partners - either via a codeshare or via a merger. They're structured very similarly with one's dominance in the Rockies and west, and the other's in the East and South.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Indy

Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 05:40:32 am

Indy
Site Admin

The difference being that Frontier has a great operation out in Denver. AirTran is stuck in a nightmare of endless delays down in ATL. Frontier is very profitable. If I were them I wouldn't change anything at this time. But thats just me. Smile

Boofer

Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 08:01:14 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

I don't disagree. Frontier is profitable, and its main competitor at the DEN hub is ailing UA. But Frontier has to be looking a little scared after Southwest announced that they will enter the DEN market. A hookup with FL could make them a much stronger competitor.

Indy

Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 08:07:35 pm

Indy
Site Admin

I don't see why they would be affraid of Southwest. They have top notch service. They have the best rated service and they have proper boarding. If anything I think Southwest should be affraid of them.

Boofer

Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:38:59 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

I agree. But Southwest is the Wal-Mart of airlines. And even Target is concerned when Wal-Mart puts a store next door.

stlgph

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 03:30:15 am

Frontier is in a comfortable position with the fact that Denver is limited to the number of gates it can offer Southwest. Southwest won't be given the rallying support it received in Philadelphia. I believe they are only getting two gates. I don't see DIA making too many concessions to bend over backwards for Southwest to offer them more gates as it is anyway. They've got too much of a good thing going with the dual hub operation. Letting SWA in and letting them have two gates is just public affairs protocol.

Forum Index  >  AirTran  >  AirTran Needs A 2nd Hub

Pages(s):  1