Author

Indy

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:37:57 pm

Indy
Site Admin

NW launched a program to test the markets willingness to pay a small fee for additional legroom. The seats during the test include those that already had the legroom like the emergency seats. The premium in this test is $15 each way. To me it is worth every penny.

"Thirty-four daily Northwest flights out of Indianapolis International Airport are part of Northwest's 'Coach Choice' test. The plan excludes Northwest regional jet flights to Boston, Hartford, Conn., Philadelphia, Raleigh-Salem, N.C., and Washington D.C.

Using a credit card, passengers can book the seats with the 10 extra inches of leg space up to 24 hours prior to departure.at www.nwa.com or at self-serve check-in kiosks at airports. The reserved seats are $15 per flight."

Source: Indy Star
Source URL: http://www.indystar.com/apps/p...AID=/20060314/LIVING/603150301

I think this will be a big success and the start of a seat realignment where more rows will have the expanded legroom.

Would you pay $15 for additional leg room? Would you pay $15 for 3 extra inches? I think thats what it will come down to. There is no way they can offer 10" of extra room over a larger area of the jet for only $15 extra. Taking out 1 row of seats would allow you to add about 3" of space to 10 or 11 additional rows. In 5 across seating it could generate 825 in revenue to replace the 5 lost seats.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Forum Index  >  Northwest/KLM  >  NW To Test Additional Legroom in Limited Seats

Pages(s):  1