Author

Boofer

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:10:26 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

OK. I've often argued that I didn't think the IND NW flights were set up for much connecting. But I officially stand corrected. On my way to MSP on Sunday, I sat next to a guy that was flying BOS-MSP by connecting at IND. And tonight on the way home from KC, I sat across from a couple who were going from MCI to BDL (Hartford) by connecting at IND. Actually, flight 2169 continued on to BDL, but they had to get off the plane and re-board again. So it appears that at least some people are choosing to connect at IND. The BOS-MSP guy was in paid first class, which according to my cursory search, is about half the price connecting in IND versus flying nonstop to MSP. Clever.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Indy

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:54:29 pm

Indy
Site Admin

There are alot of connecting opportunities here.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

stlgph

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 04:44:25 am

I think sometimes the "cheapest fares" pop up by availability in the Northwest system when viewing on the online reservation screen. You can connect a lot going from St. Louis to Miami via Atlanta or Raleigh/Durham. I have a feeling that sometimes a lot of people are forced or willingly make these type of connections because the STL - MIA morning flight is always sold out and sometimes it saves you $30 or $40 to fly through one of these other cities. I almost did it once...took the 738 to ATL to try it out but wound up with the option of going 777 into DFW instead.

Indy

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 06:43:14 am

Indy
Site Admin

Do you remember the promotion NW ran just over a year ago for World Perks called "Save Miles - Fly through Indianapolis"

It was a hard thing to find on Google just now. Since NW doesn't archive these kind of promotions the best I could do was the Google cache of the NW page.

Google Cache

Here is the interesting quote from the article under the rules...

"Routing: Travel must originate in US48, Alaska or Canada and include Indianapolis as an origin, destination or connecting point."

They actively promoted connections at IND for a while. They also offer it when possible when booking online.

Indy

Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:13:22 am

Indy
Site Admin

The last time I checked on NW connection opportunities at IND there were 34. Those opportunities were connections in IND each way in a round trip and only 1 connection each way. I just ran the new schedule and used Jan 4th and 11th as my dates and now have 61 combinations. Thats a big jump.

Indy

Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 08:03:44 pm

Indy
Site Admin

I've updated the connection opportunities page. Hopefully when AirTran gets more routes from here I'll be able to add some of their flights. This page shows options where a single connection round trip was available with connections both ways in IND.

http://www.indairport.org/connections.php

Forum Index  >  Northwest/KLM  >  connecting at IND

Pages(s):  1