Author

Indy

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:57:46 pm

Indy
Site Admin

I never heard of them. And I haven't heard anything else about the negotiations with the airlines.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Fit2Fly

Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:02:32 am

I keep hearing that the ariport official are in talk with two airlines regarding new international service. However, they decline to say which two airlines they are talking to. We can only wonder and speculate who these two "mystery airlines" are!
Let's hear what everyone's guesses are.

Here's mine: NW/KLM to AMS
British Airways to LGW
or
Lufthansa to FRA

Indy

Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 04:20:18 pm

Indy
Site Admin

I'm thinking it is probably something along the lines of a Mexican destination. Mexicana maybe? Aeromexico?

Fit2Fly

Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 04:24:00 pm

Indy wrote:

I'm thinking it is probably something along the lines of a Mexican destination. Mexicana maybe? Aeromexico?

Good idea. I didn't think about that. There's definitely a market for a Mexiacn destination.

Boofer

Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 09:37:41 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

Indy wrote:

ummm...or VivaAerobus, as I mentioned above? Razz

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Indy

Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:04:06 pm

Indy
Site Admin

Oh. So that is a real airline? lol..

http://www.jetphotos.net/news/media/userfiles/6021083969.jpg

Boofer

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 08:24:16 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

Looks like they're legit. They hub in Monterrey. And so far the only non-Mexico destination is AUS.

http://www.vivaaerobus.com/us/destinations.htm

Indy

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 09:09:21 pm

Indy
Site Admin

They could do what they did out of Austin and fly to Cancun and Monterrey. That would be a great start. I wonder if we'll ever see San Juan service again. I know it isn't considered international Smile

Boofer

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:16:22 am

Boofer
Site Admin

I think there is a lot of competition to CUN. If these guys were willing to look at GYY, though, I suspect they're either unsure of how to market their business in the U.S. or that they think of themselves as low-low-fare, like Allegiant or USA3000. Still, I think they'd do well just flying from here to Monterrey, with their connections to other cities in Mexico. There's a lot of business in Mexico these days, and I would think there is at least some demand for direct flights into Mexico. Moreso, though, a lot of Mexican-Americans might like to visit, and for the right price, it can be very affordable to do so. This VivaAerobus sounds like the kind of airline that would appeal to budget-minded flyers of all stripes.

Fit2Fly

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:21:20 am

There's always Air Jamaica to Montego Bay, Spirit and/or JetBlue to a Carribbean destination, or Grand Cayman Airways.

It's a crapshoot.

Indyaviationboy

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:17:40 am

Last I checked, NWA's 2 757's they had going BDL-AMS and another guy from somewhere to DUS were cut. I belive they were slightly out of range, my guess is since a 757 for NWWA does not have the range to complete IND-AMS by 30 or so miles, they are making engine changes on those babies, and throwing them on IND-AMS, notice just in time for the new terminal opening Wink

Remote Image

Fit2Fly

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:50:00 pm

Has this been confirmed but just not released?

Indy

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 02:52:44 pm

Indy
Site Admin

I was told by a NW 757 TATL pilot that the 757 indeed has the range for IND-AMS. They would complete the TATL flights with plenty of fuel to spare and they wouldn't even start out with a completely full tank. I learned this on either DTW-DUS or DUS-DTW. I don't remember which leg it was. BTW it was DTW-DUS-DTW that got cut along with the BDL service.

Fit2Fly

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 03:05:18 pm

Indy,

Did he give you any indication as to whether IND-AMS will be a possibility?

Indy

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 03:08:37 pm

Indy
Site Admin

IND-AMS is physically possible. The only question is whether NW will do it or not.

Fit2Fly

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 03:12:15 pm

Hell, the way things are now it's such a gamble. Things could go either way. I would imagine that the airport officials may (or may not) have an idea as what to expect. They may be anticipating some additional international flights to/from IND.

Indy

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 03:14:48 pm

Indy
Site Admin

With IND and AMS both being large stations the risk for NW is greatly reduced. It doesn't take an investment in either market to make this work. It just needs the equipment making the run. With the size of the IND market and the size of the NW ops here in addition to no competition the risk for NW is reduced even more.

Fit2Fly

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 03:26:15 pm

Let's hope for the best! Who knows, if/when NW adds the AMS flight, it could open up all kinds of doors for more international service.

Boofer

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 04:49:00 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

Indy wrote:

With IND and AMS both being large stations the risk for NW is greatly reduced. It doesn't take an investment in either market to make this work. It just needs the equipment making the run. With the size of the IND market and the size of the NW ops here in addition to no competition the risk for NW is reduced even more.

I dont' know, man. When you see CO dropping the CLE-LGW service, when they have full hub connection possibilities to that flight, it makes you skeptical of IND-AMS. While hopeful, I'll still believe it when I see it.

Fit2Fly

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:28:23 am

Boofer wrote:

Indy wrote:

I dont' know, man. When you see CO dropping the CLE-LGW service, when they have full hub connection possibilities to that flight, it makes you skeptical of IND-AMS. While hopeful, I'll still believe it when I see it.

I think CAL still has CLE-LGW (I think) but I know for sure they still operate CLE-CDG.

IND is a much cheaper airport to fly out of. Plus, it's less congested. It would make sense for NW/KLM to add IND-AMS and route some passengers through IND.

Just my $.02

Forum Index  >  General Discussion  >  New International Airlines and Destinations

Pages(s):        2