Author

Fit2Fly

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:57:36 am

In another post somewhere, someone stated that the latest rumor is IND-NRT on NW. Apparently, they are looking to hire Japanese speaking CSRs. Anyone hear anything else?

Indyaviationboy

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:31:43 pm

CVG is screwed when Delta finshes phasing out ops ther, except for Com Air, Reminds me of PIT and United, now the airport is dead Sad

Remote Image

rw175

Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 02:15:51 pm

Fit2Fly wrote:

In another post somewhere, someone stated that the latest rumor is IND-NRT on NW. Apparently, they are looking to hire Japanese speaking CSRs. Anyone hear anything else?

I would have to say there is no way in hell this one would happen. There just isn't enough traffic out of IND to warrant dedicating widebody aircraft for a route like that out of IND.

Fly RW

Fit2Fly

Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 04:07:37 pm

rw175 wrote:

Fit2Fly wrote:

I would have to say there is no way in hell this one would happen. There just isn't enough traffic out of IND to warrant dedicating widebody aircraft for a route like that out of IND.

Actually, I agree. This is one hell of a long shot.

Boofer

Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:09:39 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

The only way I see that happening is maybe a 2x per week shot as a direct flight stopping at SEA or PDX to NRT. And that's still a longshot.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Indy

Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 01:21:54 am

Indy
Site Admin

I'm sure the city would love it. But I'd never use it. AMS on the other hand is a flight I'd use on a yearly basis. It would be more often if I could afford to take the time off to visit family over in Europe.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Boofer

Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 07:42:27 am

Boofer
Site Admin

Me too. AMS or LHR/LGW would be most useful to the most people, I think. Still, I would see the best shot being one-stop service like IND-BDL-AMS. Or maybe even something like MCI-IND-AMS 2x per week. Until the 787 is available AND NW/DL decide to buy some, I don't see much hope for IND international routes.

The NRT thing DOES make a little sense because of all the Japanese auto companies in the state, but then again this isn't the 1980's- all those companies have corporate offices in the U.S. somewhere, and their manufacturing people aren't as tethered to Japan anymore. The only other thought - is there enough cargo business from IND to Asia to justify a widebody a few times per week? If they can make the money on the cargo, that makes a passenger route much more likely.

Indy

Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 09:51:51 am

Indy
Site Admin

BDL will never get the service again. It bombed big for them. Their loads were just ok during the summer and absolutely miserable the rest of the year. Honestly it was a dumb route for NW to try. At the time they tried that stunt they didn't even have service to MEM. Just MSP, DTW and IND.

BTW the 757-200 does (according to a 757-200 pilot) have the range to fly IND-AMS. Though I'm not really sold on it. That single aisle does seem to clog up with people far too much on a long flight. That issue was offset by the quick move through customs.

Boofer

Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 08:29:19 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

I have a lot of colleagues at our head office in NJ for whom EWR is the home airport. Many of them have flown CO 757s across the pond to HAM and MAN. Every one of them says it sucks, except for the convenience of avoiding a connection. I don't mind connecting or even double-connecting on an international flight if the overall service and timing are right. I can tell you this; I will NOT take a 757 on a transatlantic flight, even if it means nonstop service to my destination. That's like flying an EMB-145 from IND to the west coast. No way.

Indy

Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:04:06 pm

Indy
Site Admin

To me 757 coach is just as bad a coach on any other TATL flight. The A333 might have an advantage with the PTVs but thats it. I see a huge difference up front. F on the 757 TATL really lacks.

Boofer

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:03:27 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

I agree. TATL F is basically the same as domestic F. But either way, my company won't pay for biz class TATL anymore. So if I have to choose between coach on a 757 for 8.5 hours and coach on an A333 for 8.5 hours, I'm going for the A333 every time. Seat pitch is about the same for most coach seats on either aircraft, but the ride is much more enjoyable, IMHO, on the widebody.

Indy

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 01:27:21 am

Indy
Site Admin

The IFE on NW is pretty good. I love the trivia.

Boofer

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 08:37:48 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

Ditto that. But half the time the multiplayer function doesn't work. I just like the movie selection. Last trip over, I watched like 7 movies.

Indy

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:58:02 pm

Indy
Site Admin

There was some movie on when I flew that had full unedited nudity. That threw me for a loop.

Boofer

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 09:54:24 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

With the personal IFE, they can show more unedited stuff, since in theory only the user can really see the movie. However, I watched "Fool's Gold" last trip back from Europe, and they edited out the scene where the floatplane crashes. Of course - they always edit out the airplane crashes.

Indy

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:00:02 pm

Indy
Site Admin

I don't ever expect to see Stephen King's movie The Langoliers in flight.

Forum Index  >  General Discussion  >  New International Airlines and Destinations

Pages(s):              3