Author

Indy

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:10:57 am

Indy
Site Admin

I've been meaning to write this up for about three months now but have been busy and get easily distracted. Getting distracted will play a part in my review.

Back in February and March of 2009 I went travel crazy. I had 19 flights that accumulated nearly 25,500 miles. I managed all this in three weeks. I love to fly. Well I did love to fly. That much travel in three weeks will burn you out for a while. But that is a completely different subject.

I tend to get really uncomfortable after sitting for an hour or more at a time. Most people would get up and walk around the plane but I am a fan of window seats and being 6 foot 5 inches tall makes getting in and out of airplane seats a bit of a job. I figured there must be something that can make the seats more comfortable. On long flights I would typically fold up a blanket and use it as a cushion. Problem is your backside tends to get warm.

So with this three week travel marathon on the schedule I started searching the net for some kind of travel cushion that might help me out. I found one. Swoosh makes a small seat cushion that you can fold and put in your travel bag. The price ($30) isn't bad if it can spare even a little discomfort over the three weeks. So I had one sent to me and gave it a try.

The package came in and I was a little concerned about the size of the product. It was very small. How can something this light and thin really make a difference? Did I make a mistake? Given how much money I spent on all this travel I can't really complain too much if the cushion doesn't live up to my expectations.

I get on my first flight and place the mini cushion on the seat. It is about the size of a magazine with one side being relatively smooth and the other side having a slip resistant surface to keep it from moving around on the seat. I sit on it and didn't really notice anything. But I used it as I promised myself I would. I was thinking perhaps $30 was a bit much for a product you don't even notice. Where was the great comfort I was expecting?

This is where the distraction part comes in to play.

At one of my destinations I repacked my travel bag in relatively poor lighting. Apparently I didn't notice the dark blue seat cushion sitting out and I left it behind. That is where it became apparent to me that the value in the seat cushion wasn't what you felt but rather what you didn't feel. My very next flight I was uncomfortable in my seat after an hour again. And this problem repeated itself on my remaining flights. Unfortunately because of my travel schedule I didn't have time to order a replacement.

When it comes time to start traveling again I will absolutely order a replacement for this cushion. If you are someone that gets uncomfortable when traveling then get one. Worst case scenario is you spend $30 and it didn't help you. I think you will find travel to be a bit more enjoyable because you aren't always moving around in your seating trying to get comfortable.

Try one out.

http://www.skwoosh.com/index.p...165_177_190&products_id=37

If you do try it or have tried it please tell me what you think. It would be nice to know that you are finding reviews such as this helpful.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Forum Index  >  General Discussion  >  Skwoosh Seat Cushion Review

Pages(s):  1