Author

stlgph

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 02:37:48 am

For those of you wanting a mileage run on American, I just found what literally is almost the bargain of the century.

$130 roundtrip from Indianapolis to Los Angeles with all taxes including. $90 base fare.

shit.

Indy

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 02:39:49 am

Indy
Site Admin

$90 before taxes? Are they TRYING to join the bankruptcy league? Thats insane. Thats the same price I paid for my short mileage run which I thought was dirt cheap.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

stlgph

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 02:51:06 am

i'd be willing to maybe to take a ride with someone out west if they were interested. it'd be nice to know how long this sale and pricing is going to last.
there's an ERJ routing through STL on the way out and return that puts you on the 757 out of STL and again on the return.

i really like Los Angeles and if not going on a run with anybody else, would overnight. i'm am always up for a visit to Fred Segal and the rest of the stores out there.

problem is, i don't know what the future is going to be bringing me over the next week or two. i am headed to the 'region' on Friday to interview with a media outlet out that way. i'm meeting with the hook, line, and the sinker people (which means the three people you want to talk to during the interview process) all at once! so this could mean good news as far as my search for a post STL position is concerned.

Indy

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 03:02:45 am

Indy
Site Admin

I'd go but I have to save my pennies for a trip to SEA in Dec. You really need someone to go because mileage runs get boring. At least if you have a plan for your destination it isn't so bad. Otherwise you feel like you are on an endless ride.

stlgph

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 03:17:39 am

i disagree. i think it's a great time to read a book. or, as i discovered, to study for finals.

for $150, btw, you can fly STL-ORD-MCI-ORD-STL-ORD-DTW-ORD-IND.

;p

Indy

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 03:19:20 am

Indy
Site Admin

I'm bringing my laptop with me next time. I can watch movies on it or something.

Forum Index  >  General Discussion  >  Bargain of the Century

Pages(s):  1