Author

Indy

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 05:43:43 am

Indy
Site Admin

Oh yeah. I finally upgraded my photographic equipment yesterday.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ol...100050016&id=1124432398418

Olympus Evolt 8.0 mega pixel digital SLR with a 14-45mm AND 40-155mm lense Very Happy

I can finally take some decent pics at the airport. Putting a 1gig flash card on order from Sam's club. This camera which retails at Best Buy for $899 is on sale at Fry's on the northeast side of Indy for $799.

What do you all use for taking pics? Also does anyone have a recommendation on where to go to take pics at IND? What do you suggest when it comes to alerting security in advance? Is it necessary if you are going up on the parking garage?

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Boofer

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 07:32:16 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

I've wondered about picture-taking. The a.net folks are always snapping kickass photos at airports all over the place. They'd probably have the best ideas about security, etc. Although I can't imagine anyone would be able to hassle you if you took photos from places like the BP gas station or the parking lot of the airport Holiday Inn or Adam's Mark. Top of the parking garage, they might get a little snippy. And while that would be a great place to see aircraft scream over your head, the photos might be mostly shots of the underbelly. I'm not sure if you can get a good angle to take tarmac shots with the airport admin building in the way. Another good place might be up by the international arrivals building, but again, the TSA folks might get a little snippy.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Indy

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 09:41:56 pm

Indy
Site Admin

I guess I could always call airport security ahead of time just to give them a heads up that I was going to take pics. Just to see if they had any objections.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Forum Index  >  General Discussion  >  Toys For Spotters

Pages(s):  1