Author

7E72004

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 09:25:17 am

AirTran Reporter

The clock that was counting down the time to the new website launch is gone but the old site is still up. I know that it is sometime today or maybe tomorow that the new site is supposed to launch. Anyone know any details or anymore details? Smile

Paintrain

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 06:26:53 am

its 6:30 AM and its still the old site

7E72004

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 08:58:21 am

AirTran Reporter

and as of 8:58, still the old site...what kind of morons do they have running that ship over there?!?! Twisted Evil

7E72004

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 09:31:01 am

AirTran Reporter

I just sent an email to the airport asking about the site, hopefully, one of these centuries, i will get a response.

ATAIndy

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:06:15 pm

ATAIndy

Dude! Its okay, its just a website. Don't worry, they will get it up when its ready.

Why do my favorite airlines end up going defunct??

http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=16657
http://myaviation.net/search/search.php?uid=8779
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ataindy/

7E72004

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:39:51 pm

AirTran Reporter

Here is the response:

Thank you for your feedback and visiting the Indianapolis Airport website. Unfortunately, we encountered some last minute issues that were too important to put aside for the launch of the redesigned website. Right now we are fixing these issues with the intent of providing the same service on the existing site in hope to provide better service online in a secure environment. We apologize for the misconception the countdown has portrayed and removed it from the existing website as soon as we found out about the delay. Please join us in looking forward to the launch on or about the beginning of February 2007. We will be launching a new and improved look and feel hoping that you will find the redesigned website more suitable to your needs. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Paintrain

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 03:25:12 pm

2 MONTHS OMG

ATAIndy

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 05:56:56 pm

ATAIndy

See... no point in getting your hopes up. Cool

Boofer

Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:38:06 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

I would expect the same kind of delays for the opening of the actual airport, too. Cool

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Indy

Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:53:04 pm

Indy
Site Admin

Boofer wrote:

I would expect the same kind of delays for the opening of the actual airport, too. Cool

I was just thinking that the other day. Somehow they'll drag it out until 1Q 2009.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

JJK

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 03:57:20 pm

Everyone on the Project will tell you that 4Q08 (Oct or Nov) is a very firm opening date, and it is. The website design is handled by an entirely different group of consultants and managers.

Indy

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 09:01:45 pm

Indy
Site Admin

We were kidding about 1Q 2009. Mr. Green

BTW is the web design work being done in house?

Also an additional note... welcome aboard. Good to have you here. The project looks outstanding. I cannot wait for the new facility to open. I think many of us check the web cam every day for new images. It would be nice if the images updated every 5 minutes or so like the stadium cam does. I've offered a few times to host the cam feed. All they have to do is say the word.

BTW what would it take to be able to get access to the construction site to take photos? Or is that even possible? I'd be happy with frequent cam updates. Smile

7E72004

Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 09:31:37 am

AirTran Reporter

2008 is going to be a great year...a new airport, new stadium, and the construction of the expansion of the convention center and hotel...i would love to be on the first passenger flight that departs from the new terminal Smile

Indy

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 08:42:24 pm

Indy
Site Admin

I see the clock is back online with 11 days on it.

Indy

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 08:47:30 am

Indy
Site Admin

Ok. The new site is up. I was excited to see what it would have to offer given the big countdown clock.

Lets start with the positive:

It has interesting effects.

I had to really stretch with that. I'm quite honestly in shock. I don't know where to begin. The navigation on the site has to be the biggest mess I've ever seen. Websites should be easy to navigate. Your target user should be able to find the important information they are looking for quickly. Looking at the site I have no idea who the target audience. As a traveler I don't feel it is me. But pretending it is me I have to hunt to find what I'm looking for. Perhaps the old website wasn't pretty. But you knew where everything was. It was quick and easy to use. It would have been of benefit to spend less time on the glitz and more time on organizing the content in an easy to navigate layout. There is nothing more frustrating as a user than to have to hunt links on a site to try and find where you want to go. Its like that endless maze of prompts you get when you try and call customer service and all you want is an operator.

If I were the one paying for this and the design team gave me this I would have sent it back. To quote Simon Cowell the new layout is "utterly a mess."

Focus...

It is an airport website. Your target audience is the traveling public. This means you are dealing with 3 types of people.

1. Arriving passenger
2. People picking up arriving passengers.
3. Departing passengers.

What is important?

Passenger type #1
Where will I arrive? Where might I expect to tell people to pick me up? Tell me about ground transportation. Are there any hotels in the area? How to get downtown.

Type #2 (picking people up)
How to get to passenger pickup. Convenient parking for arrivals. In the event the flight is delayed where is a good place to wait at the terminal.

Type #3 (departing passenger)
Tell me where I should be dropped off at. Who offers curbside check-in. What part of the airport does my airline serve? Will my flight be on time? What service are available air side that aren't available land side?

One other thing. Since for whatever reason international arrivals is on the other side of the field it would be a really good idea to have a very detailed map online so people can find this place. It might be good to educate people as to the fact this building even exists.

All I can say is rethink the layout. Eliminate the mess of links. By the way. How many times do you need an About link on one page? It exists 3 times on the home page. Many links are duplicated.

7E72004

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 08:49:50 am

AirTran Reporter

Ok...i see the spot where it says "The Day is Here," but it is the exact same site! At least that is what i see on my computer.

Indy

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 08:58:03 am

Indy
Site Admin

You have to dump your cache.

ATAIndy

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:20:09 pm

ATAIndy

Well, the site looks nice. Is that the only positive thing I can say? IMHO the site is quite confusing, some of the links don't work, and many of the other links show up in multiple different menus. On the plus side however, the site has great potential, and I hope that it continues to get better.

stlgph

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 01:40:09 pm

Interesting website. It reminds me of a Hearst-Argyle television station website.

Forum Index  >  General Discussion  >  New website at Indianapolis Airport

Pages(s):  1