Author

Boofer

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 09:06:57 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

Saw this in airportbusiness.com

http://www.airportbusiness.com....jsp?siteSection=3&id=9539

Seems that Denver airport officials have a program to offer incentives for international service to key cities. They convinced Lufthansa to offer DEN-MUC service by granting them a couple million bucks.

I wonder whether IND has a similar program, or could have such a program. Obviously, it's easier for Denver to attract international service, since they already have nonstop service to LHR on BA and to FRA on LH (which is a deep codeshare with UA). And, they're a much bigger o&d destination than IND, plus they're a big vacation destination, given the ski/mountain tourism business. But still, the city and state officials could certainly cobble together a couple million bucks to get KLM to run an IND-AMS flight four times a week or something.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Paintrain

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:16:48 pm

the key would probally cargo contracts wouldnt it?

Indy

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:26:25 pm

Indy
Site Admin

I think our chances of getting something like that will greatly improve when we get the new facilities. Right now I don't know if an airline will jump on the service even with a grant. Our international arrivals are worse than MLB and I don't know if that airport even gets 10 flights a day. At least they have a jetway for their arrivals.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Paintrain

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:13:12 pm

can you post a picture of the international shack

i realize that we wont have a international flight till the new terminal

Forum Index  >  General Discussion  >  Denver's program to lure international flights

Pages(s):  1