Author

Boofer

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:21:14 am

Boofer
Site Admin

From Inside Indiana Business today...

Allegiant Air to Add Flights to Fort Wayne

The Fort Wayne-Allen County Airport Authority says Allegiant Air will on June 13 add Wednesday flights to Las Vegas and Orlando. The airline also plans to reinstate several flights in November as it prepares for the holiday travel season. Allegiant currently offers flights out of the Fort Wayne International Airport four days a week

(Sorry if it seems like I'm on an Allegiant kick lately!)

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Indy

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 05:33:30 pm

Indy
Site Admin

Its good that FWA is getting some business. With as bad as the northeast side of Indianapolis is I'd think staying home in FWA to take a flight is a better idea than it used to be. Northeast side traffic is just horrible.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Paintrain

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 09:45:43 pm

plus gas prices

Boofer

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 02:11:47 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

Paintrain wrote:

plus gas prices

Good point. FWA makes a lot of sense for a vacation airline like Allegiant. Business travellers would pay more to fly in and out of there, but taking a family of 4 to Disney World would make most folks seek out cheaper fares elsewhere. It's a bit of a haul for Fort Wayners to get to just about any other airport. What are their other choices? SBN, DAY, TOL, and IND?

Paintrain

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 02:55:12 pm

thats why i dont understand why Allegaint hasnt tapped into the EVV market i thought i remmeber hearing like 4 years a go an airline probaly Allegiant was starting service to evv but it never happened

Boofer

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 09:37:40 am

Boofer
Site Admin

I agree on EVV. I just figured since EVV is a somewhat small market, maybe Allegiant just had bigger fish to fry before they got around to EVV.

Forum Index  >  Airlines in General  >  Allegiant to expand flights at FWA

Pages(s):  1