Author

7E72004

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 09:23:51 am

AirTran Reporter

I also think this would be a good match...CO is strong in the east (UA is also) and UA is strong in the west (hubs in LAX, SFO). UA has a strong asian presence and CO has a strong Europe presence. Obviously, i think, like the US-DL proposed merger, the UA-CO combination would probably incurr the sale of gates, slots, etc. on the east coast since UA has a hub at IAD and CO has a hub at EWR. What is everyone's opinion on this one?

Indy

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:29:53 pm

Indy
Site Admin

Even if a merger looks good on paper and on the map it would still have to get government approval. I don't see major mergers like this passing the test.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

7E72004

Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 09:19:43 am

AirTran Reporter

I think that the Feds are going to be a little more "lenient" when it comes to mergers. I don't think we will see only "3 or so" main carriers left. The way i see it is, CO will at some point merge with someone but in the end i think it will be American, United(probably, in my opinion, Continental merged into it), NW (i am betting they will stand alone), and Delta (with US). I could be completely wrong and i am probably wrong on a couple of those but oh well Smile

Forum Index  >  Continental Airlines  >  CO and UA?

Pages(s):  1