Author

Paintrain

Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 08:16:23 am

saw a post on Airliners that frontier is cutting flights from MKE.

Indy

Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 01:51:03 pm

Indy
Site Admin

Frontier needs to move their MKE ops to IND. We have huge holes in our network and don't have the nasty competition that MKE has with the FL/WN battle. If F9 moved their service here I would use them exclusively (unless they simply didn't serve my destination). I prefer F9 service over other domestic carriers. They have a good product.

Bedford... what are you waiting for? Ramp up IND service and take advantage of reduced competition and the free publicity that goes with service expansion. You cannot beat the kind of advertisement that comes with the 6pm and 11pm news.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Paintrain

Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 09:58:00 pm

what makes MKE so attractive

Indy

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 01:03:56 am

Indy
Site Admin

Perhaps management that is willing to negotiate lease terms? It isn't the quality of facilities. It isn't location as MKE lays pretty far north and the traffic is effected by ORD traffic. It isn't market size either. Gotta be management.

FedEx

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 08:14:20 pm

As far as I know guys Frontier has no intentions on dropping MKE.

Indy

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:25:29 am

Indy
Site Admin

Dropping? Probably not dropping but certainly dehubbing. I used to think it was pretty sad (and it was) that IND couldn't get a single hub yet MKE with a smaller market was able to run two. So now I must ask what is worse? Is it worse to get beat out by a smaller market for two hubs or is it worse to have to hubs and lose both. That is where MKE is going. The days of the Frontier (formerly Midwest) hub are about over and with the merger of Southwest and AirTran the AirTran hub will be gone as well. Southwest will have no interest in canalizing their MDW operations for the benefit of MKE. Give it time. Southwest will slash MKE service down to about what IND sees with them right now.

Paintrain

Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 04:06:31 pm

Officially been dropped as a hub so no more IND - MKE

Indy

Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 07:33:45 pm

Indy
Site Admin

Despite what is being said by WN you know they are going to strip MKE down to a level that more closely resembles IND. They aren't going to cannibalize MDW for the benefit of MKE. When this is all over MKE will go from two hubs to no hubs in a matter of a couple of years.

Forum Index  >  Frontier Airlines  >  Frontier May Drop MKE

Pages(s):  1