Author

Indy

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 07:32:59 am

Indy
Site Admin

I was at IND yesterday and a DL rep told me their LAX flight usually has a bunch of people that are going to Asia. Of course that is in addition to the DL customers connecting in MSP, DTW and ATL. Who knows how many the other airlines have.

Is there enough for even 1x weekly? Who knows. Whether there is enough for 1x weekly or 1x daily may not mean much. I don't know if the airlines really care enough about customer service to start such a route. I think ego and airport rankings are more important. I picked my mom up from the airport yesterday. She was coming in from Germany via ORD. The ORD experience is absolutely terrible. It took 3 hours to clear customers. Completely unacceptable but the airlines don't seem to care and based on the fact only half of the inspection stations were open says immigration officials in Chicago don't care either. Apparently according to the UA agent that rebooked her missed connection this is pretty common in ORD.

If time is money then anything but a nonstop flight is a complete waste of money.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Fit2Fly

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 07:50:36 am

Agreed. For years IND officials have tried to sell themselves as an alternative option for ORD seeing how their customs process is a nightmare. Maybe with the new leadership, the airport can finally make some headway.

Indy

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 08:55:36 am

Indy
Site Admin

Did you notice that shortly after the dead weight left IND we get a new airline and route? Not saying that this one will work but it seems slightly more serious than the miserable Branson Air Express attempt. At least there are enough passengers between Indianapolis and Myrtle Beach for it to register in faremeasure.com. Though I'm not sure this route will last either with only 23 people a day flying between the cities. I suspect their will be very empty planes flying the route at first. But at least this has a slightly better shot than BKG which had no chance.

Fit2Fly

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 02:45:52 pm

I noticed that as well. Also, they made a bigger push to get more service and actually put a team in place to do so once the dead weight was gone. Hopefully the new leadership sees the potential in our airport unlike Clark.

Indy

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 08:11:31 pm

Indy
Site Admin

Clark ended up right where he belongs. They have no service and he should be right at home maintaining that level of service lol. It really is great for him. I mean he can't lose any service right? Smile

Fit2Fly

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 09:32:32 am

Very true! I think he was too focused in his own personal trips and vacations. On the taxpayer's dime no less!

Forum Index  >  IND News  >  Looks like they're getting pretty serious

Pages(s):        2