Author

Boofer

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:10:54 am

Boofer
Site Admin

This trip is coming up. I'll see the inside of airplanes and airports more than I'll see sunshine on this trip.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Indy

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 03:12:11 pm

Indy
Site Admin

That is one trip?

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Boofer

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 09:38:02 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

OK, 10 flights in 7 days, and it all went pretty smoothly. The first and last runs were on NW. I had IND-DTW cancel due to maintenance, so go rescheduled on a flight 2.5 hours later. And that then put me on a prop plane to ROA. In DTW, I didn't have a seat, and the DTW-ROA was oversold. I had to get stern with them - told them I already had a flight cancelled that day; finally got an agent to tell me they wouldn't deny me boarding twice in one day. And she kept her word - I felt bad for the two people they kicked off the plane to make room for my son and I, but at least we were on our way. All the other flights were great. Status on UA, so I had E+ seats on ORD-MSY, MSY-ORD, and ORD-ORF. And had row 3, in fact - the best of the E+ seats on the E70's. No luggage issues, no flight issues to speak of at all, really.

Indy

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:29:03 pm

Indy
Site Admin

Ten flights in seven days would be a blast. I'd love it. I've done five in one day before. That is a marathon. That I don't really care to do again. And why did I do it? Because I was bored and had nothing else to do.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Boofer

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:23:23 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

I had a little downtime on this trip. I probably could have squeezed in MCI between MSY and ORF. With connections, that would have made it 14 flights in 7 days.

Forum Index  >  Trip Reports  >  IND-DTW-ROA-ORD-MSY-ORD-ORF-IAD-ROA-DTW-IND

Pages(s):  1