Author

Boofer

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 09:59:51 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

Took this flight on Sunday night, last one to MSP and the DC9 was totally full. I got upgraded to first class, which was nice for the extra seat room and the free beer. But otherwise, nothing exceptional. Friendly gate and air crews, but no meal on this flight in 1st class, even though it left at 7:20 pm and was about 2 hrs sched flight time.

I noticed when checking in the new system NW has for selling exit row seats for an extra $15 and "better" coach seats for an extra $15 as well. Believe me, I fly enough to know what the best seats are on most of the aircraft around, and there isn't a single seat on the DC9 that I'd pay $15 to sit in. 6D is in the second row of coach with no row-5 seat in front of it, and it ain't even worth the money. What NW should try is adding a couple of rows of first class and selling that inventory for an extra $30 or so.

Also - I had to check a bag, and the baggage claim at MSP is pitiful. I know it's a gargantuan airport and all, but it literally took me almost an hour to get my one little bag. Geez.

Overall, the experience was as expected from NW. If you're going to MSP or connecting there, this is as good a choice as any.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Indy

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:42:40 pm

Indy
Site Admin

MSP isn't too bad. It has interesting carpet. The walks can be long but not uncomfortable. But it seems like a classic 1970's airport.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Forum Index  >  Trip Reports  >  IND-MSP flight 499 3/26/06

Pages(s):  1