Author

Indy

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 09:45:41 am

Indy
Site Admin

Ok I know this isn't normal to file a trip report on a non IND route but I had to vent. I just completed the first leg of the trip on YX and I must say I have not been pleased with the experience. Lets forget that I booked signature service on the entire trip and they changed the first leg of the flight to saver service (ie standard sardine configuration). We get to MKE bright and early. What idiot books a 6:30am flight? Oh I was that idiot this time. We check our bags. They didn't ask the security questions that you usually get asked. But they also didn't have a garment box for our garments that they had promised. Then we go through security where we had to show our ID at two different points as well as our boarding passes. No big deal. They do the idiotic thing of making you take your shoes off and put them through the scanner. What these ass hats did not do is require us to turn on our laptop computers to prove they were actually a computer. They also did not check out the prescription medication that we had in our bags to make sure they actually belonged to us. And I must add that I had a controlled substance in my bag (xanax). My sister-in-law had a liquid medication which was also not checked. Great. We carried a controlled substance, prescription medication, a liquid and numerous electronics and the only thing these idiots know is that our shoes smell.

Ok. Enough about venting about TSA. We get to the gate and board the plane on time. Lucky us the flight was delayed a bit due to bad weather (relatively speaking). The FA's were probably the most unpersonable I've ever experienced with any airline. They don't smile. They attempt not to say hi. And they provide no assistance with hanging garment bags.

So I have this to say... last time I will ever fly them. At least at this point.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Indy

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 03:30:00 pm

Indy
Site Admin

The MCI-FLL leg of the trip was MUCH better. The 717 with signature service blows away the saver service planes. The 717 was the 2 by 2 seating with the all leather business class type seats I was a bit disappointed with the pitch as my knees were in the back of the chair in front of me. It seems I had more pitch on the saver service plane. The drink service was great as they made at least 2 drink passes. They also came through with the food for purchase. I paid $7 for the french toast breakfast which was great. In my opinion I got my money's worth. The ride was smooth and the seats comfortable. Getting out of FLL was a breeze as we had the last gate in the terminal and the first baggage claim so we were in and out in no time. I hope the return flight is as nice as the MCI-FLL segment.

Boofer

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:23:18 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

Sounds like the signature service is a good time. But all the TSA stuff is routine. They don't ask the security questions anymore - haven't since before 9/11, actually. And I've never seen an airline provide a garment box. They also haven't required people to turn on computers for several years. The shoes always come off since the one dude tried lighting the fuse on his shoes. They also don't ever check prescriptions. As for the liquids, I've departed from an airport 8 different times since the UK-liquid thing began. Here's the breakdown:

IND - no check
MCI - no check
IND - checked
RDU - no check
IND - checked
CLE - no check
ABE - no check
CLE - no check

So Indy didn't check the first time, now they do. Other airports don't check for liquids at all.

Oh, and BTW. I book the IND-CLE 0545 flight all the time... Very Happy

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

7E72004

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 03:34:46 pm

AirTran Reporter

I just got back from being in State College, PA and it was very nice...and with the leaves starting to change colors it is only going to get nicer. I was actually able to get some good video of the flights, etc. I am going to try and get it put on disc so i can "fix" it up. And belive it or not, only one person asked me about my video taping during the flight. I told her that it was a hobby and she looked at me funny *lol*

Boofer

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 08:57:19 am

Boofer
Site Admin

But did you get to the PSU dairy store? Very Happy mmmmmmmm......

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

7E72004

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:07:04 am

AirTran Reporter

Unfortunately no...but i did get an awsome shot of Beaver Stadium as we flew directly over it Smile

Indy

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 02:40:14 pm

Indy
Site Admin

Ok this messages comes from the Dutch side of St. Martin. It is hot and humid. OMG I am sweating majorly. But the water is blue and the women are hot. I'll check back when I get to MKE and post how the return trip went. Have a good one.

ATAIndy

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:15:28 pm

ATAIndy

I would assume then that you are taking pictures of airplanes at least? Maybe some women too??? Wink

Why do my favorite airlines end up going defunct??

http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=16657
http://myaviation.net/search/search.php?uid=8779
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ataindy/

Indy

Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 08:48:41 pm

Indy
Site Admin

Ok I slacked and didn't get to the airport on St Martin. I know it is an aviation photography crime. But it was bloody hot and I didn't want a 30 minute cab ride each way. I did see things I wanted to take pics of but it would be hard to explain to the wife Smile

The return flight was interesting. We ran across more YX issues. You get one person that tells you that you have 100 lbs to spread across two bags which is what happened in MKE and another person that tells you its 50 lbs per bag. We get on the FLL-MCI flight and they didn't have any kids meals on the flight. One FA says they didn't get loaded for some reason and the other tells us they don't have kids meals on the FLL-MCI route which according to their in flight magazine would be bull crap. But outside of that issue the flight to FLL was smooth and the cookies were good. The MCI-MKE flight was better because the quality of the cookies were better. They were nice and soft and near the end of the flight the FA brought me a bag with about a dozen and a half cookies. I was also glad the pilot decided to make a last minute hard left to go around a storm. By last minute I mean last minute. He barely avoided it and circled around for a landing from the west. The flight got pretty bumpy just going around the edge of the storm. I am confident it would have been very rough had he gone through it. He saved my son alot of stress since he is affraid of turbulance.

Strangely enough I have flown well over 100 times in my life. The return flight was my first ever 1 stop flight.

Forum Index  >  Trip Reports  >  MKE-MCI-FLL

Pages(s):  1