Author

Forum Index  >  Cape Air  >  GYY

Paintrain

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 08:45:17 pm

i saw somewhere that gyy wants flights to ind to do you guys think it will happen?

Boofer

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 09:11:23 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

maybe if the SBN and EVV flights are successful, they'll consider GYY and possible FWA. Of course, why start GYY-IND when you could bring back MDW-IND?

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Indy

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:40:41 pm

Indy
Site Admin

I think they are working to get Cape Air to fly that route. Might as well bring back the routes C8 dropped like DAY as well. OH what about Louisville? Nah probably not that one. It would be quicker to just drive.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Paintrain

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 04:23:55 pm

would there be enough demand for a flight day

Boofer

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 08:28:30 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

I don't know, SDF-IND is as driveable as DAY-IND, isn't it? Certainly as driveable as FWA-IND. For sure, EVV and SBN make sense because the drive sucks. But if this ever really took off, you could do CMH, DAY, SDF, CMI, GYY, and of course MDW, all to IND, with opportunities to connect. If they really do it right, they'll think of some clever ways to enhance the service for the business passenger. Like "valet" luggage service or complimentary use of noise-cancelling headphones or DVD players or something. I could see someone from SBN wanting to go to Louisville and seriously thinking about an easy-on-easy-off connection on the 9-seater Cessnas via IND. Sure beats the connection via ORD/MDW, DTW, or CVG.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

7E72004

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 09:28:06 pm

AirTran Reporter

I could see them adding on other cities...but i also think there needs to be a codeshare set up with one of the airlines. I don't think there will be that many people having IND as their final destination. If a codeshare is set up with, let's say Northwest or even AirTran, then i think the incentive would be there to add on more cities. Plus, people who do not like connecting thru ORD, CVG, ATL, etc., could use IND as a connecting city. I think once the new terminal opens, people will see how spacious IND is and how less crowded it is.

btw...i am on the first CapeAir flight on November 13 to SBN Smile
Would there be any chance of using my video camera to take pictures/video--i have been on the Cessnas before and you literally have a bird's eye view out the cockpit window.

Forum Index  >  Cape Air  >  GYY

Pages(s):  1