Author

Indy

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:26:50 am

Indy
Site Admin

I have a question about the November 11th opening. Supposedly the terminal will be used for arrivals on the 11th but will be in full use for arrivals and departures on the 12th. Will all arrivals come to the midfield terminal on the 11th? If so then doesn't it seem silly to have every flight all day long going from terminal to terminal as it unloads passengers at the new terminal and then taxis over to the old terminal to pick up departing passengers?

At best it would make sense to have the last flights of the day come to the midfield terminal and unload passengers so they wouldn't have to taxi from the old terminal to the new. But that would create massive confusion as passengers really wouldn't know for sure if their flight was the last of the day for that jet. It would seem to me that more sense would have been made had the planes finished service at the old terminal and then been pushed/pulled to the new terminal by ground staff overnight. This way you make that trip once and not potentially 5 or 6 times during the day.

This all just seems like too much of a publicity stunt. Maybe someone else here has a better grasp of how this is supposed to work. If I'm understanding this correctly it is going to be either a nightmare for family members not knowing where to pick passengers up at or it is going to be a nightmare for the airlines having to move their jets from terminal to terminal all day long.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

7E72004

Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 02:58:41 pm

AirTran Reporter

THe flights that will be arriving after 7:30pm on the 11th, will go to the midfield terminal. Those are the flights that will not be departing again for the night.

Forum Index  >  The Project  >  November 11th Question

Pages(s):  1