Indy

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 04:33:02 pm

Indy
Site Admin

Boofer

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:34:46 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

Why is it I remember hearing that the new garages wouldn't have helical ramps? A lot of people, me included, don't like the helical garage ramps at the current garage. As helical ramps go, these are cool-looking, but I'd rather have a different system entirely.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Indy

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:27:44 am

Indy
Site Admin

My wife hates those too. Makes her dizzy.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Indy

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 01:55:18 am

Indy
Site Admin

According to WTHR reporter Mary Milz the garage will have everyones favorite helical ramp as well as a straight ramp. Here are a few quotes from the report.

"Inside the new five level parking garage connected to the terminal by a pedestrian bridge there's an atrium with escalaters and moving walkways. The garage has two entrances.

'One is a helical ramp and the other is a straight ramp.'

The new garage will have room for 7,100 cars, more than three times the current space.

Another big change is no more having to get aboard a shuttle bus to get to the rental cars. You'll find them not in some distant lot, but on the lower level of the garage in the ground transportation center."

Source: http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=4538468

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Boofer

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:35:10 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

I knew the car rentals were going to be in the garage. Every airport worth its salt has put car rental in or right next to the parking garages when they've done a new or remodeled terminal. EWR put them at a monorail station - very nice. MSP has them in the gigantic 10-floor parking garage, but not on the bottom - actually like 3 floors up or something. Etc....

Will definitely be a first class facility.

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Forum Index  >  The Project  >  Parking Garage Renderings

Pages(s):  1