Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:50:32 pm
Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Location: Indianapolis, IN
According to the Indianapolis Airport Authority major bid packages for the Indianapolis Airport midfield terminal project were issued this May. The following packages were issued:
* Terminal Excavation - Includes building the pad for the terminal and the beginning of structural foundation work. The package includes mass excavation, soil stabilization and a dewatering system for the construction site.
* Terminal Foundation - Includes the structural foundation work for the terminal. It includes caissons and piers for the terminal and pedestrian bridge connecting to the adjacent parking garage.
* Concrete Package - Includes foundation footers, retaining walls, elevator pits, drainage lines and anchors for the terminal structural steel.
* Structural Steel - Acquisition of the primary structural steel framework for the terminal, including all steel columns, trusses, joists, and decking.
* Passenger Conveyance - Includes all elevators, escalators, and moving walkways for the terminal, concourses and parking garage.