Author

Indy

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 06:56:29 pm

Indy
Site Admin

I want to start an Indianapolis Vacation Project. What is this? It would be a project that involves the input of all site members. The objective is to create a number of vacation ideas that involve air travel to Indianapolis International Airport and a stay in the Indianapolis area. I am looking for a couple of vacation types. One being a vacation plan geared towards a family of four and one geared towards adult couples with no kids. I'd like vacation ideas that involve lower budgets and higher budgets. Also maybe broken down by weather type (warm/cold).

For example a high dollar vacation for adults only could involve first class tickets on a given airline and a rooms at the Conrad with dining options at Indianapolis' best restaurants.

A family summer vacation on a budget could involve tickets on an LCC like AirTran or Southwest and a stay at the Caribbean Cove water park hotel. You'd include things like information on the zoo and Childrens Museum.

Maybe include ticket price ranges for different city pairs. Like MCI-IND-MCI at $xxx-$xxx per person and include the airline names that this price range includes.

Maybe we can help get the word out that Indianapolis is an affordable travel destination and that there are things to do here regardless of budget.

What do you think?

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Boofer

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 09:26:07 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

Sounds like a good idea. What do you plan to do with the input? Maybe put all the ideas together and send them to the ICVB? Or will you post them online yourself?

Can I get a peanut crumb with that thimble of Coke?

Indy

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:25:16 pm

Indy
Site Admin

Don't want to sound too stupid but what does ICVB stand for?

I was going to post the stuff on the website. Probably linked off of the main page somewhere. Possibly also getting photos and videos of the places involved.

Boofer

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:26:50 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

Indianapolis Convention and Visitors Bureau.

Indy

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:29:38 pm

Indy
Site Admin

Do they tend to be open to suggestions or do they tend to think they know everything?

Boofer

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:34:24 pm

Boofer
Site Admin

Beats me. If I were you, I'd start with the suggestions placed on this website, and just make sure you get good linking to Google results.

Forum Index  >  Things To Do  >  Indianapolis Vacation Project

Pages(s):  1