Author

Skippie

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 03:20:31 pm

Even after the recent addition of gates is FedEx still short on ramp space for the night sort? There have been several occasions lately (when i'm in the area) that FedEx has had at least 2 wide body a/c parked on the other side of 32/14 near the TradeWinds/Wrangler aviation cargo facility. Thursday night they had an A306 and a MD 10-30 over there. Any thoughts?

"Just because you didn't make your payments doesn't make me a bad person"
!Carpe Roti!
"You can run,and you can hide, but eventually we'll get your ride."

ATAIndy

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 03:48:58 pm

ATAIndy

Wow, they are parking them on the east side of 32/14? That must be a b**** to work with. They can't expand the infrastructure fast enough over there.

Why do my favorite airlines end up going defunct??

http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=16657
http://myaviation.net/search/search.php?uid=8779
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ataindy/

Skippie

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 03:53:14 pm

I know they did the same thing before the recent additions. only then they had to take some to the hangar as well. They will off load the a/c at the FedEx ramp then mx will take them across the field and they'll park another in the same gate. I just thought that they would not need to be doing that again already.

!Carpe Roti!

Indy

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 05:11:24 pm

Indy
Site Admin

They aren't done with expanding the ramp at FX. Last I saw they had added only a few of the gates they were going to add when the expansion was announced. They were getting 14 new gates and I think they've only gotten 4 of them so far. But I could be wrong.

Food4Geeks.com - Even Geeks Like To Eat.

Skippie

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 07:12:11 pm

Before the most recent expansion gate 60 was the highest gate number on the north ramp, it is now expanded up to gate 72.

!Carpe Roti!

Indy

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 07:39:14 pm

Indy
Site Admin

The question would then be is there a gate for every number. Like is there a gate 1 - 10 or does it skip a number anywhere? If gates 1 - 72 exist then there are 3 more gates coming. I am thinking they have skipped numbers. Looking at the Google map of IND there is no new terminal constructed yet. That image would have been around the time or predated the FX hub expansion announcement. So none of the new gates had been built at that time. MSN maps is more recent. It looks to maybe have been January or February of 2007 with the terminal construction well under way. They were already working on the parking garage. In that pic it looks as if FX is getting close to finishing the first 6 widebody gates. In the birds eye view it appears to be a few weeks later and the 6 gates are done. It can't be too much later because there appears to be leftover piles of snow. They could have added the next 6 already leaving just 3 left to go.

Do you know if they've done the second block of 6 yet?

Skippie

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 07:49:14 pm

There is no gate 2, 26, 27, 28, 29, 31, 33, nor 35. On the south ramp there are gates 80 through 90. There is also a gate 6A and 6B How many are there supposed to be total when this expansion is complete?

!Carpe Roti!

Indy

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 07:52:34 pm

Indy
Site Admin

According to the Star story it would be 75 total gates.

Forum Index  >  Fedex In General  >  Night sort short on ramp space?

Pages(s):  1